Remembering Linda Kossof Komnenich

Linda KossofGoodbye, Linda

1947-2016

On March 29, 2016, Linda Kossof Komnenich passed after a 3-year battle with cancer. She was a staple at Teddie Kossof Salon for over 30 years, working as a Master Colorist. She was honest and truthful with everyone she served. She loved to laugh and had an amazing sense of humor. You could count on her to put a unique spin on any subject of conversation. She was brave, a fighter. We are proud of her. We will miss her.

In memory of Linda, the salon will be closed Monday, April 4th.

- The Kossof Family

Linda Kossof Komnenich, 68, beloved wife and best friend of Tom Komnenich; devoted daughter of Evelyn and the late Joseph Kossof; dear sister of Teddie (Ildiko) Kossof and the late Gary (Ilene) Kossof and sister-in-law of John (Marysue) Komnench; cherish aunt and second mother of Brian Kossof, Kimberly (Michael) Preston, Keeley Kossof (Phil Silverberg), Alan (Sabrina) Kossof, Paul Kossof (Aarn Coa), Danielle Kossof (John Pesce, fiancé), Max (Jenna) Komnenich and Katie Komnenich; adored great aunt of Samatha, Jack, Maxx, Koby, Joe, Emma, Adam, Livia and Henry; treasured friend of many. Linda was creative, kind, easy going, extremely talented in the arts, loving and had a beautiful soul. She enjoyed traveling, going to the beach, the water, warm weather and saw beauty in all surroundings. Linda was a dedicated master colorist for over forty years at the Teddie Kossof Salon. Linda's adoring love for animals was only surpassed by her love for her family and friends. She will be dearly missed by all who knew her.

Chapel service
Monday, April 4 | 12:15pm
Shalom Memorial Funeral Home
1700 W Rand Road, Arlington Heights

additional information on service

Interment
Shalom Memorial Park

In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Anti-Cruelty Society or to your favorite animal charity.

For information or to leave condolences call 847.255.3520 or visit shalom2.com

Comments (35)

1. Alan Kossof:
    Mar 30, 2016 at 05:03 PM

Dear Auntie Linda,
    Thank you for being you...A leader, not a follower. You were an individual that commanded respect through your truthful and honest responses, you had compassion, a giving heart, you were kind, honest and sincere. You were brave. You fought you had dignity ans now you are at rest. Thank you for your love, your energy. I will miss you but you will never be forgotten. I love you.

Your nephew,
    Alan Kossof

2. Lauren:
    Mar 30, 2016 at 05:12 PM

So sorry for your loss

3. Mark Stanley & Ellen Pettengell:
    Mar 31, 2016 at 12:09 AM

Our deepest condolences to Teddie, Tom and all of the extended family.

4. The Perry Family:
    Mar 31, 2016 at 12:16 AM

Teddie and Alan,
    Our thoughts are with you and your families. So very sorry for the loss.
    David, Karen and Corey

5. Donna Weisman:
    Mar 31, 2016 at 12:46 AM

My sincere condolences to Teddie and his family.

Donna Weisman

6. Deborah Shefren:
    Mar 31, 2016 at 12:51 AM

So sorry for your loss. My deepest sympathies.
    Deborah Shefren

7. Marty Levin:
    Mar 31, 2016 at 01:11 AM

Linda was one of the sweetest and loving person you could have ever meet. Please God, let Linda rest in peace forever.

8. Karen Howland:
    Mar 31, 2016 at 01:37 AM

Dear Teddie and Alan,

I'm so sorry to learn of the death of your sister and aunt Linda. I didn't know her but I remember you talking so fondly about her and she sounds like she was such a lovely person. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Lots of hugs, Karen

9. Gloria Ceccarelli:
    Mar 31, 2016 at 01:38 AM

Linda will be forever remembered; forever missed.
    My deepest sympathies.

10. Gloria Ceccarelli:
    Mar 31, 2016 at 01:38 AM

Linda will be forever remembered; forever missed.
    My deepest sympathies.

11. Debbie Gurvitz:
    Mar 31, 2016 at 01:42 AM

So sorry to hear of Linda's passing. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time.

12. Judy Tobias:
    Mar 31, 2016 at 01:48 AM

To the Kossofs and extended family and friends
    Linda's passing is a loss to us all. What a wonderful person. Our thoughts and prayers are with you
    Judy and Renee Tobias

13. Dr. Geri David:
    Mar 31, 2016 at 03:46 AM

I met Linda hosting singles events at the Deerfield Hyatt--she loved our "Halloween Parties"--she usually won 1st place. I will never forget her Spider Costume--it was truly a work of art--as was Linda. After that, we continued to be friends all these years. I loved her creativity, laughter, jewelry designs, and her Monkey Collection. I would love coming to her house and seeing the newest addition to her collection. I made it a point to see her every summer when I returned to Chicago after moving to Las Vegas. We shared many laughs, stories, jokes, and secrets!!! I will miss her, and I am sending my deepest and most sincere condolences to Teddie, Alan, Evelyn, and the entire family. Thank you for all the wonderful and loving friendship we shared.

14. Fran:
    Mar 31, 2016 at 04:52 AM

To Teddie, Alan and family,

I'm so sorry to hear of Linda's passing. I hadn't seen her at the salon in quite a while - now I know why. My sincere condolences to you all.

15. Dianne Johansson:
    Mar 31, 2016 at 05:11 AM

To the Kossof Family: What a great loss you have been given. Linda was such a beautiful soul and I'm very honored to have known her. She never failed to bring laughter to my appointments along with the little items she'd occasionally sell from her drawer, which she knew I would always buy. She traveled a rough road with a smile always on her face. She was a true inspiration to me and all who knew her. My prayers are with you all that one day soon the pain you're now feeling will be replaced with warm smiles as you remember the wonderful memories you'll forever carry in your hearts.

16. Gail Harris:
    Mar 31, 2016 at 05:54 AM

I am so sorry to hear of Linda's passing. I am glad I had the honor of knowing her as she was a wonderful person. My love and condolences go out to all of the Kossof family. I know she will truly be missed.

17. Bat WIllis:
    Mar 31, 2016 at 07:29 AM

Dear Teddie & the extended Kossof family, Tom & the Komnenich extended family
    John, Tom & the Kossof Salon Family & Friends,

So sorry for your loss. Wishing you all long lives & good memories to cherish.
    May LindA RIP peacefully.

Linda will be remembered by us all as a good & sweet spirited lady.
    I'll always remember Linda on April 19th together with John's birthday on April 16th.

Peace of mind & good health to you all,

Best,

Bat WIllis

18. KENNETH B GLAZER:
    Mar 31, 2016 at 09:44 AM

To Teddie, Alan and family, I always managed to see Linda every time I came in to the salon or she found me. Always a smile and a sweet word or funny comment. She never liked my hair colored and said it should be natural, she was right. I am privileged to have know her and know she will be missed as she touched so many lives. Ken

19. Mitzie Herman:
    Mar 31, 2016 at 01:53 PM

Condolences to the entire Kossof family. I enjoyed many years with Linda, not only trying to make me look better, but feeling better after our visits. Our conversations always made me laugh. Linda, rest in peace..... Mitzie

20. Lynn:
    Mar 31, 2016 at 03:59 PM

I'm very sorry to hear about Linda.
    Prayers are with you.
    Lynn

21. Elfriede Gross:
    Mar 31, 2016 at 04:25 PM

Very sad to hear of Linda's passing. When my son wanted to dye his hair blue, she gave me some very sensible advice, "Friede, it's only hair!" I've managed to apply that adage to so many disgruntling situations - just substitute whatever it is for hair. Smart lady that Linda. She'll be missed by many.

22. Gloria Mueller:
    Mar 31, 2016 at 04:39 PM

Dear Teddie, Alan and family, I was so sorry to hear about Linda. Her smile would light up the room when I saw her in the color room. She was just lovely and I know she will be missed by you and the entire staff. Please know that she is in my thoughts and prayers.

23. Valerie Zar:
    Mar 31, 2016 at 05:45 PM

I am so very sorry to hear about Linda's illness and passing. I will always remember her smile, and her gentle demeanor. She was always so friendly and sweet to everyone. My heartfelt condolences to the all of the Kossof family, as well as to Teddie's salon staff..also, a family. I miss you all since moving to Chicago.

With love,

Valerie Zar

24. Marc Leon:
    Mar 31, 2016 at 08:10 PM

My heart and prayers go out to all Linda's family and friends. She was an old friend (50 years plus) and classmate.
    Marc "Pirate" Leon

25. Andrea Wilson:
    Apr 01, 2016 at 01:18 AM

Linda was a lovely, sweet lady, and always had a smile for everyone. She will be missed. Andrea Wilson

26. Arde & Marv Harris:
    Apr 01, 2016 at 12:32 PM

So sorry to hear of Linda's passing, She was a great lady and will be missed by all of us..She fought a good fight and always was upbeat about it. Our condolences to all the family..Arde and Marv Harris

27. Marlene Iser:
    Apr 01, 2016 at 02:12 PM

My sympathy to the entire Kossof family and those she loved so dearly. Linda had a beautiful soul with a loving heart.
    Marlene Iser

28. From The Ladies from the Spa:
    Apr 01, 2016 at 04:54 PM

We send you our condolences to the family.She was such a nice lady.So sorry for your loss. We love her and she will be missed.

29. Lynn Sanders:
    Apr 01, 2016 at 11:13 PM

Dear Teddie & Alan,
    I send you my heartfelt sympathy, and was so saddened to hear of Linda's passing. She was a beautiful woman -- inside and out. She was always upbeat, smiling and friendly. I appreciated her coloring expertise as well as her warm personality. She will be missed.

30. Rene Lites:
    Apr 02, 2016 at 04:14 AM

I was so sorry to learn about Linda. I'm remembering her through the years as always having time to offer a greeting and a smile and sometimes a funny comment. She will be missed. My deepest sympathy to the Kossof family.*

31. Marcia and Henry Rabinowitz:
    Apr 02, 2016 at 12:04 PM

To all the Kossof family: Our thoughts and prayers are with you at this sad time.
    How I enjoyed Linda's smile and laugh and our fun conversations.
    She will be missed but always remembered.
    May she be at peace.
    Marcia and Henry Rabinowitz

32. Brenda Brodt & Bob Theodore:
    Apr 04, 2016 at 12:17 AM

Teddie, Ilene, Alan and entire Kossof family, we are so sad to hear of Linda’s passing. She was a dear friend, kind and generous. She will be missed. You are all in our thoughts and prayers.
    Brenda Brodt & Bob Theodore

33. Ron Nesler:
    Apr 04, 2016 at 12:42 AM

So sorry to hear about Linda's passing.

34. Arleen Lothian:
    Apr 05, 2016 at 12:34 AM

I became a loyal customer of Teddie Kosoff's for over 15 years because of Linda. She instinctively knew the color my hair should be, and how to "mush" my hair so highlights blended and looked more natural. I always enjoyed her travel stories, and we always laughed and hugged whenever we ran into each other (literally) outside the salon when and where we'd least expected it (Cubs ladies' bathroom; restaurants). Linda was always so caring and giving, and took me without an appointment when my sister had passed. I was very blessed to have known Linda and will dearly miss her. My deepest sympathies to all of Linda's family and extended family. Arleen

35. teddie kossof:
    Apr 09, 2016 at 10:09 AM

Linda was my little sister...when we were kids...we were close...working together was a blessing...her husband tom stuck to her like glue...he found his lost treasure...Linda...a very loyal gal...she loved her girl friends...even if she could not se them as often as she would have liked...they meant the world to her.